No matter how large your company, equity administration cuts across business areas and requires specialized knowledge.
Mistakes can be costly and in the worst cases reach the boardroom. Geographical expansion, adoption of performance awards, mergers & acquisitions, and new accounting rules all contribute to the workload.
How We Can Support You
Our outsourcing solution scales from supporting your internal staff all the way to 100% ownership of the plan administration, including daily transactions and employee help requests, stock-based accounting and ASC 718 reporting. Whether you are approaching an IPO, in rapid growth mode, or your current process is spread across too many functions, we have the right solution for your equity compensation plan.
Stock administration platforms supported:
- Solium Shareworks for private and public companies
- Equity Edge Online for private and public companies
- Certent for private and public companies
- eShares for private companies
- Expertise with UBS and Morgan Stanley systems
- Assist with selection of the administration platform as well as the broker and transfer agent
- Document differences between the systems
- Advise on best practices that might impact your decision
- Create a comprehensive project plan that covers everything from data scrubbing and reconciliation of transactional data to differences in expensing between current and future system
- Assist with employee and external shareholder communications
- Use state of the art automation to check for data integrity and to convert your plans from spreadsheets, databases, or other formats to the new system
- Reconcile transactional data and document discrepancies as necessary for your auditors
- Calculate expensing and draft audit memos
- Design process flows for daily administration and expense reporting
- Ensure proper controls are in place for successful administration of your plan
Education and Communication
RGP combines deep expertise in equity administration with our world class Collaboration practice to provide education and communication services to our clients. Whether we provide the content or you do, we can develop and deliver in a variety of formats including video, PowerPoint, virtual classroom or onsite. And best of all, you can keep the modules for your own internal distribution and use. For multinational companies, we translate content into the languages required by your corporate locations. Whether you’re a small firm or a large multinational, we have a solution we can tailor to your requirements.
Best Practices Design and Documentation
In every company it’s common to have certain procedures that don’t follow best practices. This can be due to a variety of reasons, including mergers & acquisitions, staff turnover, and/or unfamiliarity with the administration software. We will look at current processes and suggest improvements based on our previous experience, available system functionality, available automation, and understanding of the departments and third-parties involved.
For private companies, we advise on cap table management, Rule 701 share limitation calculations, SOX compliance as it relates to your equity plan documenting processes and procedures. As well as IPO readiness.
Administration and Financial Reporting
We can do co-sourcing of plan administration or complete outsourcing, depending on the situation. Some plan software providers rely on their clients to help with administration—RGP can provide a 100% outsourced solution if desired.
We provide coverage across all US time zones using a team approach. You will have dedicated resources assigned to your account as well as assurance that any issues will be responded to quickly.
|Public Company Services
||Private Company Services
- Best practices – process optimization
- Plan implementation and reconciliation
- Process documentation
- Training and Communication
- Custom reporting
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial reporting
- Technical accounting
- Mobile employee taxation
- Equity deferrals
- Ongoing administration
- IRC 6039 Processing (Forms 3921 & 3922)
- All Public Company Services Listed
- Platform, broker, transfer agent selection
- Cap table Management
- Liquidity events
- IPO Preparation
- SOX Controls